- Do the major accounting firms have offices in Ghana?
- How do I find a trustworthy and competent small or medium size chartered accounting firm?
- What accounting services are provided by chartered accounting firms?
- What non accounting services are provided by chartered accounting firms?
- Who regulates chartered accountants?
- Major Accounting Firms
All of the major international accounting firms have offices in Ghana. PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Ernst and Young, Deloitte, and KPMG all have offices in Ghana. PKF also has a Ghana office.
- Small and Medium Size Firms
The right size investment firm is often a function of the investor’s needs and budgets. Often small and medium size firms can perform all of the needed accounting and tax functions at a lesser cost. The key is finding a firm with a solid reputation. Chambers of commerce and attorneys can often help in the selection of a chartered accountant.
- What accounting services are available
Most typical accounting functions are available with Ghanaian accounting firms. PKF Ghana lists the typical accounting related services.
- Non Accounting Services
Chartered accountants fill the most trusted advisor role. They often provide assistance in a wide range of services needed to help the investor succeed. They can provide valuable services in the selection of other key business consultants and experts. Chartered accountants can assist in business setup and budgeting.
The Institute of Chartered Accountants - Ghana is the regulatory body for chartered accountants in Ghana. A listing of members in good standing can be obtained from this website.