- What is the insurance regulatory body in Ghana?
- How many insurance companies are there in Ghana?
- How do I determine the financial stability of Ghanaian insurance companies?
- What types of coverage are available from Ghanaian insurance companies?
- How do I find a qualified insurance professional?
- National Insurance Commission
The National Insurance Commission is the regulatory body for the insurance industry in Ghana. As of January 2010, the insurance industry consisted of the following:
|1||Reinsurance Broking Company|
|1||Loss Adjusting Company|
- Insurer Solvency
Insurance Solvency Requirements - Insurance Act 2006, Act 724 Ghana has adopted these insurer solvency statutes and is a member of the International Association of Insurance Supervisors
Various credit reporting agencies generate financial evaluations of these insurance companies including AM Best.
- Ghana Coverages
Coverage available from Ghana insurance companies can be found on the NIC Product List
Political risk and other complex coverages are available from international and local brokers.
- Insurance Professionals
Chambers of Commerce, Attorneys, and Chartered Accountants are good referral sources for insurance agents and brokers.